Wednesday, April 19, 2017

"Gee, what the heck is Craig working on?"

Some of you might be thinking that. Well, the four of you are lucky. I'm going to tell you, kind of.

I'm working on a few different things. I'm currently doing yet another readthrough of Speak Of The Devil before sending it out to a whole new slew of agents. I'm also logging editing progress on its sequel Heavy Lies The Crown and a novella that has nothing to do with this series called Secrets To The Grave.

The third book in the Ruination Trilogy, titled Deliver Us From Evil, is slow going, but I'll have more time to work on that bad boy once I'm finished editing the first two books and finding myself an agent, though the latter is much harder than it sounds.

I've also got two more books that I've already got outlined and whatnot. The first is Robin Banks Robbin' Banks, which is part horror, part crime, part adventure, part comedy... part everything, really. The second is a superhero thing I'm working on, titled Thorn. I'm not too sure whether to do this as a graphic novel or just a novel, but I've already got most of the story panned out.

On the short story front, there isn't much new going on there. I have been tossing around an idea about a collection of zombie stories all in the same world. I don't have the time or motivation to write an entire book centered in a post-apocalyptic zombie world, but I've had a few stories bouncing around in my head for as long as I can remember. My thing has always been trying to avoid writing something eerily similar to something that's already been written, and that's terribly hard to do when you're adding your voice to the clusterfuck known as the zombie horror subgenre. Nonetheless, I have high hopes for these stories, and I'm excited about writing them.

My story collection The Sadness Will Never End has garnered three 5 star reviews, for which I'm extremely grateful. If you're interested in buying a copy, it is available in both e-book format (here) and paperback (here), and if you'd leave an honest review I would be doubly grateful.

My baby girl Levi Athena Herndon is due on July 14th, less than three months away. I've never been a dad before, so wish me luck on that, too.

Until next time, friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment