Tuesday, May 5, 2015

So today was really frickin' productive.

Remember that picture of the open call for submissions I posted earlier? The one where the writer has to write a short story from the viewpoint of a zombie. Well, I started putting some work in on that. Wrote a little over 700 words, said "All right, cool, this is a good foundation, time for an internet break (I'm a procrastinating bastard)." While looking around Duotrope, I come across this listing!

And inspiration struck. I've had this idea for a superhero in my head for a while now, but seeing this pried open the floodgates. I typed like a frickin' madman. And now, at almost one in the morning (I've gotta be up in less than six hours, GAH!), I've got a first draft on my hands, sitting strong at a little over 3,600 words. Can't remember the last time I wrote a short story in one day (besides that flash fiction one, but that doesn't count). Needless to say, I liked it. After letting my beta readers get a hold of it after a couple edits and seeing what they think, this bad boy's getting sent on over.

So wish me luck! Also, you should submit something too, if you're a writer (Hell, even if you're not; who am I to tell you how to live your life?). Who hasn't wanted to write a story about a superhero once upon a time, am I right?

No comments:

Post a Comment