Tuesday, April 21, 2015

A preview of a story pending review with Sanitarium Magazine. Check it out!

Beyond Redemption
By Craig Steven
As greed of gain has drowned all temperance, there's nothing left to stem the rising blackness.”
-Marcus Bischoff

             I bundled my coat tight, fighting for its warmth, shivering violently regardless. The wind whistled around me and the temperature wavered around zero, threatening to freeze me where I stood. The tall chain-link fence surrounded me and the tennis court on which I stood, empty but for the blood that'd been spilled on it just hours before. Four separate blotches on the green cement conjoined to form a warped Rorschach test, though the clean-up crew had done a good job of ridding the site of most of the blood. Three victims I'd never met, and a fourth, the man that'd turned the gun on himself after murdering three others; my younger brother, Christopher.

No comments:

Post a Comment